Tuesday, November 29, 2011

1st Week Of Advent (2011) - Tuesday


Daily Advent Prayer
“Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.”


Daily Meditation
A shoot shall sprout from the stump.
Our God can transform our  weakness, our sin, all conflict and all division.
From every life-less stump - where any future hope has been cut off
- a shoot of new life can sprout.
He shall judge the poor with justice,
     and decide aright for the land's afflicted.
We need to really hear this “good news” so that our hearts can begin to be softened
to hear how profoundly our God desires to help us
and to make things right with all of creation.
Throughout the day today, we can lighten our spirits
as we turn to God and pray:
Let me rejoice at the coming of your Son, for me!
Closing Prayer
God of forgiveness,
I turn to you in my great weakness
and beg for your help.
Let me feel the joy growing in my heart
as I anticipate your coming.
I hear the message of the prophets of old
and know that the Messiah will bring
new life and new ways of living.
From the humbleness of my life,
help me to grow and bloom
and hear the words
that will change the world.