Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lent 2009

Daily Lent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer
Lord,
guide us in your gentle mercy,
for left to ourselves
we cannot do your will.

Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation
The conflict around Jesus grows.

And all the while, we are turning to God for mercy.

What Jesus went through is for me,
that I might have mercy and the gift of everlasting life.

We call upon the Lord for help, for strength, for trust.

The snares of death overtook me,
the ropes of hell tightened around me;
and in my distress I called upon the Lord,
and he heard my voice.
Psalm 17

Intercessions
Let us always and everywhere five thanks to christ our Savior, and ask him with confidence:
Lord, help us with your grace.

May we keep our bodies pure,
- as temples of the Holy Spirit.
May we offer ourselves this day to the service of others,
- and do your will in all things throughout the day.
Teach us to seek the bread of everlasting life,
- the bread that is your gift.
May your Mother, the refuge of sinners, pray for us,
- and gain for us your loving forgiveness.

Closing Prayer
Lord,
what you ask of my life seems so right.


It is how I want to live,
following your Son, Jesus, so closely.


And yet I fail so often to stay on that path.


I cannot do it alone, loving Lord.


I need your help and guidance.


I need to remember your love for me
and I want to remember
how very much I need you in my life.