Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lent 2009

Daily Lent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

Merciful Father,
may the penance of our Lenten observance
make us your obedient people.
May the love within us be seen in what we do
and lead us to the joy of Easter.

Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation

We are still aware of our patterns.

We still are realigning our priorities.

We are still trying to simplify and trying to eat in solidarity with others.

Most of all, we are still asking for a change of heart.

Let hearts rejoice who search for the Lord.
Seek the Lord and his strength,
seek always the face of the Lord.
Psalm 104:3-4

Intercessions
God has revealed himself in Christ. Let us praise his goodness, and ask him from our hearts:
Remember us, Lord, for we are your children.

Teach us to enter more deeply into the mystery of the Church,
- that it may be more effective for ourselves and for the world as the sacrament of salvation.
Lover of mankind, inspire us to work for human progress,
- seeking to spread your kingdom in all we do.
May our hearts thirst for Christ,
- the fountain of living water.
Forgive us our sins,
- and direct our steps into the ways of justice and sincerity.

Closing Prayer

Merciful Father, Loving Mother,
I know that the tiny sacrifices I make this Lent
can never serve as a real penance in my life.


But help me to make my whole life
one of following your Son.


I am filled with your love.


Let your love shine out from within me
and guide my life in this sacred journey
toward the Easter joy you offer me.