Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'Make me a priest again' - Neil Horan

Ex-priest Neil Horan is returning to Ireland, looking for his old job back.

having been defrocked in 2005 after his infamous and life endangering stunts, he wishes to get back into the pulpit.

"I will try to get a meeting with the Church and hopefully they will find a role for me. But I do not accept or agree with their doctrine, so they will have to accept what I preach."

The Communications office of the Irish Bishops Conference (IBC) have thus far acknowledged that the Catholic Church is not now, or for the forseeable future, going to close the church door on Horan.

"We will, as in all cases, never make comment on those who may show an interest in rejoining the priesthood. It is a matter between the person themselves and their respective diocese."

Horan is due to return in December, and said "I hope that the Church will take me back because they now need all the help they can possibly get."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce

(Source: PVT)